This was an old experiment I did way back in June 2008, when I got my second AeroGarden.
I wanted to grow strawberries, from seed, in the AG. The project was a success, however, it takes a long, long time to grow strawberries... In the end I wanted to use this AG to grow cherry tomatoes, so, they were uprooted and planted into a grow container with peat.
They flourished, produced several small strawberries but some of the plants died off. I only have three healthy plants left now, I'm going to plant these into individual pots - filled with coco coir and hydroton clay pebbles. Let's see how they do using proper hydro grow media.