I'm running an experiment, an acceptance test for newer LED growlamps.
Hypothesis: LED lamps grow as well or better than CFL now, if you buy the right kind.
The head-to-head grow-off is:
- green and red summercrisp lettuce, one of each
- in a low-wattage LED Aerogarden (with 5 other lettuce)
- under an 18W 6500K CFL bulb (Westinghouse) - in a splasher (23W CFL would have been better)
- under a 15W Sansi LED Full-Spectrum Daylight White
- under an Aerogarden 20W triband LED spotlight (red/blue/white)
Why? Because I'm updating my book, Indoor Salad. :) It's been 5 years, and the tech has changed. Results and pictures in the comments.