Recent comments

Reply to Author View link
Outdoor Peppers 2017 Ginger 11 hours 17 min ago view

Mostly moved outside full-time last weekend. Some advanced fruit under development.

I'm really not sure about that costa rican pepper plant. The fruit shape is weird, the plant forked at the bottom, some of its leaves are misshapen. We shall see.

Outdoor Peas 2017 Ginger 11 hours 34 min ago view

Peas started flowering today - yay! The Little Marvel and super sugar snap are first to bloom. Googling around, it's about 2.5-3 weeks from bloom to first peas. :)

Indoor/Outdoor Tomatoes 2017 Ginger 11 hours 50 min ago view

The tomatoes were happy, if chilly, for their first week. Not growing like gangbusters, still staying below 70 degrees. But the tiger stripe has set a few fruit, and possible the two beefsteaks. I didn't bother taking pictures of the young ones again. They didn't die, and they won't flower for a few weeks yet.

Indoor/Outdoor Tomatoes 2017 Ginger 11 hours 53 min ago view

Uber-cold spring this year, with overnight temperatures down in the low 40's through mid-May. It's still not warm. But I planted out all the tomatoes last week.

Help, my plants are dying... Ginger 2 weeks 3 days ago view

The pump should be on at least part of every day. The growlights should be on ~17 hours a day. You should dump all the water and replace with fresh water and nutes every two weeks.

Do you have photos you could post of this plant demise? It's just hard to guess from what you've described.

Help, my plants are dying... Pcnmechguru47 2 weeks 3 days ago view

"So, you're not using proper hydroponic nutrients? " during this planting cycle i didnt add miracle grow, i only added the hydroponic nutrients and the tomato plant still shriveled up and died, is there a light cycle window the grow light should be on ? and does the pump need to be on all the time ?

Help, my plants are dying... Ginger 2 weeks 3 days ago view

"Added miracle grow to the plants..." So, you're not using proper hydroponic nutrients? My guess would be that, as the problem. Miracle Grow is a fertilizer, to be added to water and soil, where the soil provides the rest of the nutrients the plant needs. It isn't a substitute for hydroponic nutrients for a heavy-feeding plant like tomato.

If you're adding miracle grow on top of hydroponic nutients, don't. You'd be over-feeding the plants then.

I'm just guessing based on what you said.

Lavender flower? AGMSgardener 2 weeks 4 days ago view

Thanks

Lavender flower? Ginger 3 weeks 2 days ago view

Welcome, John.

I just googled "how long does lavender take to flower from seed." According to that quick, shallow research ;) lavender a.) doesn't like wet conditions, and b.) could take til 2nd year outdoors. So, it's slow. Real slow.

Bringing the lights closer will help, but not a lot, unless the plant looks ill on the lower half.

White light includes all the red and blue. Extra light might make plants grow faster. But stick with 6500K daylight-color light.

Newbie Dropping by to Say Hi! landscapinghacks 1 month 3 days ago view

Hey Ginger, I am so pleased to meet you.

Newbie Dropping by to Say Hi! Ginger 1 month 5 days ago view

Welcome, Alexa. smiley

New Member Ginger 1 month 3 weeks ago view

Welcome, Dominic! You'll love the lettuce. :)

New Member Funpilot 1 month 3 weeks ago view

I have the Bounty Elite and love it.  Welcome to the forums

A few questions Ginger 1 month 3 weeks ago view

Not without seeing it, no.

A few questions Axed 1 month 3 weeks ago view

Okay good to know. Can you comment on the mold at all?